Helping homeowners find a pro
One of the founding principles of Porch is that we love data. However, there was a misconception as when and how that data should be revealed to the homeowner. Those who first created the directory believed that showing more information to the homeowner would help them make an informed decision when deciding to contact a professional. Putting myself in the homeowner’s seat, however, I felt the experience was overwhelming.
A simpler and cleaner search results experience will increase conversion for users to submit project requests.
Defining clear objectives and scope
- Remove extraneous info, map view, and filters
- Provide a single CTA per result
- Integrate Porch Guarantee into results
- Implement consistent search ranking
- Allow for API integration into partner online experiences